- When will the 2017 permits be available for purchase?
Permits will be available for purchase starting December 19, 2016.
- Where can I go to purchase a parking permit?
Parking Utility Office (APPD Substation), 1201 Springwood Avenue, Unit 106
- What is required to obtain a permit?
Residents: Drivers License, Vehicle Registration, Lease or Utility Bill or Deed, payment
Employees: Drivers License, Vehicle Registration, Notarized Letter from Employer or 2 current pay stubs
Note: Address on permit application and this information must be the same
- How many residential permits can I obtain?
This depends on the zone that you live in:
In Zone 4, residents that have no available off-street parking can purchase up two (2) permits.
In Zones 1, 2, 3, and 5, residents that have access to off-street parking can purchase one (1) permit.
Residents that can demonstrate extenuating circumstances may be able to purchase up to (3) additional permits.
- Which zone do I live in?
CLICK HERE for residential parking permit map.
- Are guest passes available?
No. However, smart cards are available at a discounted rate. Cost for a $50 smart card is $45, a $75 smart card is $65, $100 smart card is $85, and $200 smart card is $170. The smart card can be used in all zones and has no expiration date.
- How much do the permits cost?
The cost depends on the zone and number of permits needed; please refer to the application.
- Where do I place my permit?
Hang tags must hang on the vehicle's rear view mirror and must be visible at all times.
- Do I have to remove my old permit?
Yes, please remove all old permits.
- How long is the permit valid for?
One Calendar Year, valid until December 31, 2017
- Can I use my permit on more than one car?
Yes, but only one car at a time.
- Can I park in a 15-minute space with my permit?
Yes, but parking time is still limited to 15 minutes in those designated spaces.
- Do I have to move my car for alternate side parking even if I have a permit?
- Is metered parking in effect for the entire calendar year?
- Are parking regulations enforced year-round?
- If my permit is lost or damaged, can it be replaced? If so, what is the cost?
Employee 5-Day - $120/year or $10/month
Employee 7-Day - $180/year or $15/month
- What are the acceptable methods of payment for permits?
Cash, credit card, money order, or check
- Can I mail my application and payment?
Application and payment can be sent to the Parking Utility Office: 1201 Springwood Avenue Unit 106, Asbury Park, 07712---Permits must be picked up in person.
- Can I have the application emailed to me?
You can download the application HERE
- May I pay the meter via mobile device?
Yes. mPay2Park is an app that can be downloaded onto a smart phone or data-enabled mobile device to pay for metered parking instead of paying the meter directly. Parking time can be added from a mobile device.