The Asbury Park Chamber of Commerce
The organization with 100 years of experience and
the power to keep Asbury Park moving forward.
What has the AP Chamber been up to this year?
- Restaurant Tour: 1,300 fans sampled cuisine at 30+ restaurants.(April)
- First Saturday: Music, Prizes, Tasting. 300+ consumers. (August)
- Oysterfest: Seafood Festival. 20,400 consumers. (September)
- Car Show: Classic Car Show. 150 consumers. (September)
- Zombie Walk: Guinness World Record Largest Gathering of Zombies. 9,592 Zombies counted, 20,000+ consumers at the event.(October)
- Wine Tour: Wine tasting at Restaurants. 125 guests. (November)
- RADIO - Brookdale Radio 90.5 The Night and WMTR the North Jersey Classic Oldies
- DIRECT MAIL - Restaurant Tour Guide in the Princeton market (60,000 homes)
- TV - Our first TV commercial in 3 major markets on Comcast.
- PRINT - The Village Voice (Circulation 150,000 NY market) A Shore Thing (circulation 25,000 direct mail Princeton Market), NJ Jersey Alive & In New Jersey (The Asbury Park Press)
- NJ TRANSIT - Branding campaign bookmark with mini-map of downtown to boardwalk. Bookmarks were placed on 30,000 seats on 8 train lines before July 4th weekend.
- 'THANK YOU' print ad - 2 consecutive right hand full pages in The Tri City News thanking and listing all of our members by name.
- APPEARANCES on NJ 101.5 three times this year
- INTERVIEWS - CNN, NJ Fios One, New Jersey News and ABC 7 NY
- EDITORIAL - Travel & Leisure magazine online
- ASBURY PARK CITY GUIDE - Completely redesigned and updated. The initial printing of 30,000 guides was distributed by September. A reprint of 10,000 guides is currently being distributed.
Advertising campaigns are designed to drive consumers to the Chamber website via several domain names such as LOVEasbury.com, AsburyZombie.com, and AsburyFirst.com. Year to date, traffic to the chamber website is up by 10% in pageviews & unique visitors. Direct traffic has increased substantially as a result of the campaigns above. (see below for pageviews & visitors)
Advocacy for Business
- Community Advocacy Committee - Members of this committee include non-profits, restaurants (large & small), state government, EDA, retail and others tasked with identifying challenges and possible solution for opening and expanding a business in Asbury Park.
- Downtown Business Advocacy Committee - Working to update the CBD development plan based on the current landscape of business in the 'Cookman Ave Retail Core District'
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The APCC has been able to accomplish some very exciting things this year for Asbury Park with your help!
WE ARE A NOT-FOR-PROFIT MEMBERSHIP ORGANIZATION
- We serve as an advocate at the city, county, and state level for business & our members
- We provide support for attracting visitors to our city though marketing, promotion and consumer events
- We currently have 258 members and we are growing in and around Asbury Park
- We work hard to be THE premier referral network in this market
WE ARE CONNECTED
- We communicate with over 11,000 fans via email (5,600), Facebook (4,300), & Twitter (1,500)
- In 2013 our website had 190,000 pageviews and 55,000 unique visitors ( currently over +10% from 2012)
- We design & distribute The Asbury Park City Guide (28 pg color guide)
- We work cooperatively with The City of Asbury Park, The AP Boardwalk and other Asbury Park organizations (Jersey Shore Visitor & Convention Bureau and ArtsCAP just to name a few) to provide the most interactive information about everything that's happening in Asbury Park.
Not a member yet?
Already a member and want to get more involved?
Call us at 732-775-7676 or email
Board of Trustees
(732) 642 - 7921
Premier Theatre Company
1st Vice President
2nd Vice President
(732) 897 - 6500
(732) 775 - 0525
New Jersey Economic Development Authority
(609) 858 - 6679
Jacqueline L. Pappas
Asbury Park Chamber of Commerce
Mary Pat Angelini
(732) 663 - 1800 ext. 215
The Hon. Daniel DiBenedetto
Toner & DiBenedetto
(732) 807 - 4581
(732) 741 - 1986
City of Asbury Park - UEZ
(732) 502 - 5749
(732) 455 - 3707
Pucker Lemonade & Beach Fries
(717) 880 - 2546
Central Jersey Bank
Syracuse Sign Company
Fortune Web Marketing
New Jersey Zombie Walk
CALENDAR OF EVENTS